- This event has passed.
Artist Portrait Painting Meet-Up
March 14 at 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
This event is cancelled based on guidance from The Ministry of Health’s Chief Medical Officer. It is their recommendation to prohibit the gatherings of groups greater than 250 people.
This is a call out to portrait painters and visual artists to informally meet up at the Small Arms Inspection Building and paint, draw from a live clothed model.
This is an informal, no costs associated opportunity for local artists to create art together and provide an opportunity for the public to enjoy seeing artists at work.
Prerequisites of the use of the space for these meetups:
- Artists are responsible for their own set up and clean up.
- Bring your own easels and painting supplies, although there are folding tables and chairs that are available to use as well (tables must be covered before use).
- Bring a painters drop cloth to tape down your painting floor area (painters tape only) or a water proof table cloth for tables.
- Cleaning of brushes or disposing of water based paints / dirty water must be done in the Maintenance Sink Area. (due to allergies and sensitivities, oil paints, solvents and spray paints are not to be used at these meet ups).
- As this is a public building, artists need to be mindful that the space is utilized by the public and other groups and as such mutual respect of people around you and of the space will be expected.
- No sales of artworks can take place within the building and no visible signs of self promotion, businesses or product placement can be on display while participating in these meetups.
- Artist set up time will begin at 10:00am, the model will sit from 10:30am until 11:30am, with a 30 minute lunch break. The model will continue to sit until 1:00pm.
- Bring your own lunch, snacks and drinks. SAIB does provide coffee and water.
- The Small Arms Building is fully accessible, with parking, close to public transit and public washrooms.
- Artists are welcome to hang around to critic each other’s work keeping in mind that the building closes at 2:00pm.